Updated September 19, 2022
Benefits/Resources provided by Caltech
This list is revised on a quarterly basis.
Please visit the website for each office/department linked below to find further details and confirm the most current guidelines for each provision.
- For eligible Caltech faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and staff, Caltech offers:
- For eligible Caltech staff, in effect for birth, adoption, or placements of foster children occurring on or after December 1, 2022, Caltech will provide up to eight weeks of paid parental leave.
- For eligible graduate student parents, Caltech offers paid pregnancy and bonding leave, the Parent Support Program fund, and other financial resources. For a complete list of resources for graduate students with families, please visit the Graduate Studies Office website for Graduate Student Parents.
- Caltech maintains a list of lactation rooms and lounges here.
- Childcare is available on campus at the Children's Center at Caltech. It is advised that interested parents complete an application as early as possible to join the admission waitlist.
- JPL and Caltech have discounted rates on daycare services at the Child Educational Center (located near JPL).
- The BBE Division and International Offices maintain webpages with further resources.